Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Light at the end.

English 102 was more challenging then I expected. I worked really hard on these papers. The most difficult thing I found in this class was the entire concept of analysis rather then just fact and research. I am a concrete girl. I like to have solid facts for everything, and even more so I always say what I mean. Analysis is assuming a writer has an underlying topic or comparisons going on. I don't do that I mean what I say and write what I mean. I don't guess what others are sneakily putting in their writing, talking about their childhood. I find literary analysis to be to inexact for me to enjoy, I feel like I am making up a story with little facts.
The other challenge I found was just keeping on task, reading, writing, working, reviewing, making time for all of it.

I learned a couple of little things about MLA format. I definitely learned a lot about how to write an analysis. I feel as though I have improved greatly in these past fourteen weeks.

Image from: http://magnificentvista.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/the-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel
/http://www.northshorehypnosis.com/PastLifeRegression.htm

5 comments:

  1. Nice job on our post. I enjoyed reading its well as the pictures. I agree with you on that it was difficult to decipher analysis. I am a concrete Girl too and I like my facts. I think this class was probably my most difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your post, I also learned more things about MLA format. I think it can be a little confusing. I also agree with you that it can be difficult to decipher analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you put it; the fact that you want to write what you know and not have to guess or look into the writing. Pretty much just analyzing, I want the writer to tell me what they want me to know.
    Online classes are my favorite but I also have a problem when it comes to trying to make time for everything, I sometimes forget what classes are due on which date.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about MLA format. I learned more about it. I was always taught the format, but it never really stuck with me. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it can be hard to make time for class at times. It can be easy to forget when all the assignments are due, especially when you have more than one class. Enjoyed your post and the visuals were awesome!

    ReplyDelete